Friday, June 13, 2014

Work of Art that I am Most Proud of


I am most proud of my acrylic still life, I feel that it is visually the nicest looking piece of art I have created in this class. The whole unit where we used acrylic paint probably has had the most learning that will stick with me. I got pretty good at blending colors and changing values so that objects look three dimensional. I really like the ability and easiness to create such bold colors, compared to watercolors or colored pencil. I learned a lot about the importance of shadows in grounding an object and how to make a shadow seem realistic. The best thing about this unit, at least in the learning sense, is that I can use concepts I learned in many other branches of drawing/painting as well. I never knew that using a complementary color could be used in place of black to change value, and I learned a lot about defining the curves and shapes of a three dimensional object accurately on a two dimensional surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment