Friday, June 13, 2014

Final Watercolor Painting

Purpose:
To use and demonstrate what you learned from the watercolor exercises you did in class to create your own landscape painting.



The four techniques I used in my painting were: gradient, salt, masking fluid, and a combination of stomping and whisking. The salt and masking fluid didn't really work out so well. I tried to use the salt technique in a part of my landscape that had sand so I could give it that sort of texture, but it did not really show up. Then, I used the masking fluid to block out where I wanted to paint an island in the middle of the water, but when I ended up painting the island it looked sort of awkward and out of place. However, the gradient worked very well for me. I used this technique when drawing the sky, so I could fade from a dark blue at the top of the sky down to a softer blue on the bottom. In this whole unit, I have learned to use watercolors in a way I never knew about before. To me, watercolors were always just a kids' toy, but now I know how to use them to create detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment