Friday, June 13, 2014

Final Thoughts

One of the most memorable experience from this semester is the first unit we had: portraits. It is memorable to me mostly because I was not very good at drawing portraits, but I did learn some good lessons. For example, I know now not to spend too much time on one small section of a drawing and ignore the rest of it for too long. That's what I did with the eyes in my self portrait, and while they look fairly nice, the rest of my face looks a little rushed.
Also, the printmaking unit is memorable to me, mostly because it was a fun assignment and I felt very happy with my finished product. I learned some things as well, such as keeping a design simple but with enough going on that it is still interesting. I really liked working with only two values, for some reason the stark contrast between positive negative space is just really satisfying. I think that coming up with small, simple designs works best with my attention span as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment