Monday, March 3, 2014

Realistic Self Portrait


The pupils could be little bigger, and the eyes themselves a bit longer
Lips could be a bit higher up on the face.
The neck lines should come from a little closer to the ears.


After the midpoint feedback, before I started adding value I completely redrew the eyes so they were more proportional to the rest of my face. I also made the bottom half of my face a little narrower and more tapered as well as widening the neck at this point. I couldn’t really raise the mouth much because I didn’t want to have to start at the beginning with it.


I have learned how to draw facial features more accurately:
In my pre instructional drawing, my mouth looks like a trapezoid, my eyes are symmetrical ovals, and my nose looks like a pig snout. In my final product everything is more organic and curved and resembles my actual features.
I also learned how to apply value to portraits:
In my pre instructional portrait, there isn’t really any different in value except around my eyes, which resulted in my face looking flat. In the final drawing I used changes in value to make my face three dimensional.
I learned about the proportions of the face:
I learned some guiding lines that apply to all faces that can help locate where the eyes, ears, nose, and mouth should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment